Open Positions With The Estria Foundation
Youth Development • Arts Education • Cultural Preservation • Community Building
For open job positions, check this page or email Info@estria.org with subject title: Job Positions, Your Last Name, Your First Name in May and December during the calendar year.
Applications accepted via email only. Please no phone calls.
Position: Grant Writer and Development Specialist (Part Time), Honolulu, HI
Posted: July 2018
The Estria Foundation (TEF) creates art in public spaces locally and globally with artists, youth, educators, and activists in order to raise awareness and inspire action in the movement to resolve human and environmental issues. We are seeking a PT Grant Writer and Development Specialist (20 hours per week) who will help raise funds and support our efforts to meet our goals. This position will work from home with regular TEF team meetings via phone and in person with our Hawaii staff. This is an Oahu based position.
- Create and oversee the multi-year fundraising strategy
- Research, write, and report on local and national foundation, corporate, and government grants
- Maintain grant application and reporting calendar
- Prepare and submit grant financial documents
- Work with Executive team to set and meet annual fundraising goals
- Oversee campaigns for donor development and membership drive
- Manage fundraising events
- Introduce executive team to key people at foundations and other funding sources
- Build and maintain funder relationships on behalf of TEF
- Work with our communications specialists on PR materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent nonprofit experience
- 5+ years researching, writing and securing grants for projects and organizations
- 5+ years preparing grant financial documents for proposals and reports
- Proven track record securing $400,000+ per year
- Familiarity with foundation, government, and corporate supporters, especially in Hawaii
- Demonstrated experience with outcomes-based fundraising and reporting
- Experience tracking grant deadlines, deliverables, and reports
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong and established network in non-profit fundraising.
- Advanced capabilities using MS Office and Google Drive
- Strong recordkeeping and attention to detail
- Experience taking initiative and working successfully with a team
- Experience in community organizing and project management is a plus
- Arts education, public art, and community building experience highly desired
- Interest in and agreement with TEF’s Mission, Points of Unity, and Company Values (www.estria.org)
This is a 20 hours per week position. At times, the job will require more. We are considering both salaried and contract positions. 3 and 6-month reviews will be conducted. This position reports to the Executive Director and the Office Manager.
Salary: Depends on Experience
Applying: Submit (PDF or DOC) cover letter, resume, and two successful grants to email@example.com and Use subject: “HI Development Applicant: (your name)”
Mission and Vision
The Estria Foundation creates art in public spaces with artists, youth, educators, and activists in order to raise awareness and inspire action in the movement to resolve human and environmental issues, while educating and developing youth. We take a long-term, team approach to education and offer programming for all ages from elementary through high school and beyond.