The Estria Foundation
The Estria Foundation (TEF) is a nonprofit arts organization — established in the San Francisco/Bay Area in September 2010 — that creates public art in the US and internationally that inspires local communities to affect social change and environmental impact. We are seeking an Administrative Officer (“AO”) to oversee the business and administrative operations with some responsibility for programmatic operations. The AO will report directly to the Executive Director.
The mission of the Estria Foundation is to create art in public spaces locally and globally with artists,youth, educators, and activists in order to raise awareness and inspire action in the movement to resolve human and environmental issues.
An example of our work is our principal project, Mele Murals, which has been developed over the last five-years bringing together local artists, youth and other members of communities across the Hawaiian Islands to create a series of large-scale outdoor murals inspired by Hawaiian lyrics (mele), depicting stories of Hawaiian heritage and culture. Mele Murals advances the ideals and spirit of the Hawaiian culture. Our goal is to utilize the popularity of street art to create a movement of young artists who will become trusted cultural leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with TEF’s Executive Director and the Board to plan, execute, manage and evaluate the organization’s priorities.
• Effectively manage the organization’s human resources affairs, ensuring their accordance with set personnel policies and procedures and conformance to current laws and regulations.
• Oversee the preparation and execution of contracts with contractors/consultants
• Manage and oversee the implementation of grants including tracking progress, writing reports and any additional accountability required by the grant.
• Monitor and oversee contractors/consultants’ performance with respect to the agreed upon scope of work, within the agreed upon timeframes and overall project products/deliverables.
• Maintains or ensures maintenance of all of TEF’s records — including, but not limited to, finance reports, taxes, contracts, personnel files, organizational insurance and fundraising.
• Provide event management and logistical support for TEF hosted conferences, projects and fund raising events.
• Develop and manage TEF’s annual budgeting process.
• Oversee and manage TEF’s revenue, expenditures, taxes, liabilities/risks and audits: including maintaining the budget and its monthly updates, maintaining a sound and transparent fiscal infrastructure, preparing the TEF’s annual budget, operating budget and individual program/project budgets.
• Prepare TEF’s financial reports for Board of Directors meetings and Fund Development activities.
• Prepare fiscal reports for the use in preparation of grant proposals.
• Assist and support the Executive Director in effective outreach to constituents, communities where TEF provides programming and hosts projects; existing and potential funders and the general public.
• Assist with development of relationships with existing and prospective private foundations and government agencies that support the vision, mission and objectives of TEF.
• Assist with the cultivation and management of relationships with existing and prospective foundations, individual and corporate donors.
• Manage and oversee the development of formal “asks” to existing and prospective foundations, individual and corporate donors.
Government LLC and 5013.C Compliance
• Ensure that organization is in compliance with Hawaii and California business and governance laws and regulations.
Board of Directors
• Organize and coordinate Board of Directors meetings.
• Assist with the development of all Board meeting materials.
• Record Board of Directors meeting minutes.
• Assist with the planning and organization of trainings for the Board of Directors.
• Experience with administrative management of a nonprofit organization (or similar educational, governmental or business organization).
• Experience managing an organizations accounting, budget and finances.
• Experience is human resources, contracting, grant administration and maintaining legal compliance.
• Excellent administrative, fiscal management skills: including making executive decisions in a timely manner to successfully mange the organization’s finances, resources, priorities and obligations.
• Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with organizational staff and external partners (e.g. other nonprofit organizations, schools, political officials, funders).
• Ability to maintain organized administrative, programmatic and financial records.
• Highly organized, detailed oriented and results and deadline driven.
• Skilled at using Excel software.
• Experience using iCloud computing software (e.g. Google Docs, Calendars, Drop Box).
• Experienced at maintaining relationship and working with place based partners using technology tools (e.g. Skype, Google Hang Out).
• Experience in setting up and developing an emerging organization.
• Forecast, develop and implement, manage and evaluate organizational initiatives.
• Broad network of fund development sources (e.g. private foundations, corporations).
• Ability to cultivate individual donors, corporate sponsors and private funders.
• Have relationships with Hawai`i civic leaders, educators, culture keepers and practitioners, grant making organizations, businesses/corporate sponsors and individual donors.
• Experience in community organizing.
• A love for public art, community building and healthy development of youth.
• Experience in developing and/or delivering youth development/education programs.
• Lead, plan, and support the overall organization, its branding and its domestic and international programming
• Understanding of Hawaiian history, culture, traditions and values.
Compensation: Competitive salary that is commensurate to experience and skills, includes generous benefits package of healthcare, dental, vision and retirement.
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, at least 3 references to email@example.com with Subject Line: Administrative Officer: Last name, First name. Please no phone calls.